WE'RE USHERING IN THE FUTURE OF DENTISTRY
Access Teledentistry was formed in 2019, by Nathan Suter and Tiffany Grant, it is a consulting firm that provides teledentistry solutions through a variety of services to a diverse group of clients. We’re an organization that was founded in the belief of recognizing, respecting and valuing the role and expertise of others, facilitating collaboration by actively sharing relevant information and the importance of oral health advocacy to help change systems for the betterment of all.
Access Teledentistry has been involved in:
- Advocacy that led to the Missouri legislature to enactment a statute that helped increase access to teledentistry (HB 1617 revision of telehealth) and reinstatement of adult dental Medicaid that benefited over 300,000 eligible people.
- An ongoing contract with the Missouri Dept. of Health in developing and implementing an Oral Health Workforce Grant from HRSA focusing on teledentistry. This includes reviewing teledentistry pilot grant applications, CE workshops, and technical assistance for four years. Consulting projects with individual private practices, FQHCs, dental schools, and organizations in multiple states.
- Developed and delivered a two- day course sponsored by Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services’ Office of Dental Health in conjunction with HRSA and the Missouri Foundation for Health that taught applications of teledentistry aimed to bring about efficiency, provide access, and improve quality of care with hands on and didactic training modalities.
- Engaged to provide strategic planning and implementation services to a help empower the people of Cass County and surrounding communities through improved health using teledentistry solutions.
- Research to better understand the opportunities for teledentistry in Washington, conducted interviews with partners and stakeholders within the state. Developed and hosted an educational webinar.
- Clinical advisors for Mouthwatch providing clinical and technical advise regarding the delivery, planning, monitoring and evaluation of teledentistry.
- Providing educational presentations and webinars throughout the country about different aspects of teledentistry.
NATHAN SUTER, DDS
A graduate of the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) School of Dentistry with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree, Dr. Nathan Suter also has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Webster University in St. Louis. Dr. Nathan Suter was the Oral Health Director and a practicing dentist at COMTREA Comprehensive Health Center, a federally-qualified health center (FQHC), in Festus, from 2013 to 2018. He was instrumental in starting the dental program at the fast-growing network of FQHC dental clinics in Jefferson County, MO. As oral health director he secured over $2.5 million dollars in private, state, and federal grants that he wrote. This funding allowed COMTREA to grow from no dental program to 2 fixed clinics, 3 school-based clinics, 3 portable teledentistry teams, and one mobile dental clinic. This includes a team of 60 individuals including 12 dentists, six hygienists, and over 24 dental assistants. In 2018, COMTREA saw over 9,500 unique patients totaling 22,780 patient visits.
Nathan has a strong commitment to oral health advocacy, he :
TIFFANY GRANT, RDH
Tiffany had a 16-year dental career as an assistant, hygienist and dental educator, she served in the United States Air Force and worked as a dental educator and community oral health director where she successfully created and implemented several prevention based initiatives and programs. After her enlistment, she worked for COMTREA in Jefferson County Missouri, where she was integral in implementing Oral Health and Primary Care Integration Initiative and the Teledentistry Outreach Pilot. In that capacity, she worked to expand the dental home setting through the use of tele-dentistry methodologies and emphasizes overall wellness through improved oral health status, increased collaboration among providers, and the promotion of health education.
Tiffany has a strong commitment to oral health advocacy, she has :
During professional career, Tiffany was recognized as a Distinguished Graduate and rewarded with Academic Achievement in the United States Air Force Airmen Leadership School. She has been awarded the Oral Health Champion Award through the Missouri Dental Hygienists’ Association and Oral Health Board Chair Recognition Award through the Missouri Coalition of Oral Health for her support of oral health issues in the state of Missouri. Served as the President Elect, Delegate with the Missouri Dental Hygienists’ Association. The Leadership Development Committee for the American Dental Hygienists’ Association. Currently, she is serving as President of the Missouri Dental Hygienists' Association.